[Samba] protocol SMB2 prevents start of program?

Klaus Hartnegg hartnegg at uni-freiburg.de
Tue Dec 2 09:04:17 MST 2014

On 01.12.2014 13:52, Gerald Drouillard wrote:
> On 11/28/2014 9:23 AM, Klaus Hartnegg wrote:
>>
>> Is there anything else that I could try,
>> or do I just have to stay on protocol NT1
>> as long as we still use this old software?
>>
> Try in [global]
> acl allow execute always=true

This issue would affect all clients, and usually all software that is
being run from the server.

But here only some old 16 bit programs are affected, not even all 16 bit
programs. And they work fine on the few remaining WinXP machines, they
only refuse to start in Win7.

All clients have execute permission on all exe files. This must be some
strange protocol incompatibility.

Klaus