[Samba] Problem to import passdb in samba-tool

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 1 07:51:34 MST 2014

On 01/12/14 14:35, Michael Howard wrote:

> On 01/12/2014 14:17, Rowland Penny wrote:
>> On 01/12/14 11:55, Silvio Giunge Silva a.k.a kanazuchi wrote:
>>> So,
>>> to provision samba4 i need of the samba-tool and it's not working.I
>>> use poudriere to generate packages on FreeBSD, and the recursive
>>> packages too.
>>> I'm trying to discovery what lib that samba-tool needs ti import the
>>> lib passdb and install it on the pfSense to make it work.

>> OK, this must be a problem with your setup, I have just installed
>> FreeBSD 10.1 in a VM, then installed samba41 from ports, I now know
>> that FreeBSD is very similar to Gentoo, everything seems to be compiled!
> But did you install pfsense (the system the OP is using), which is
> based on FreeBSD but is not in fact, FreeBSD?

Well no, I am not really a 'BSD' user, but if samba 4 works on the
genuine FreeBSD, but doesn't work on something that is based on Freebsd,
this to me means that there must be something wrong with the samba 4
package on pfsense.

Having said that, I fail to see why the OP is trying to install an AD DC
on something that is meant to be a firewall device (I googled pfsense),
but it's his machine, he can do as he pleases.

Rowland