[Samba] [SOLVED] Re: Samba 4, setgid & new file permissions

Tomáš Králík kralik at techsoft-eng.cz
Wed Aug 27 06:15:15 MDT 2014

Hi,

so in the end, it seems like I solved it on my own. All I had to do was
to add "vfs objects = posix_eadb" option into the config file so now the
share definition looks like this.

[data]
         path = /data
         read only = No
         create mask = 660
         directory mask = 2770
         vfs objects = posix_eadb

So far so good, hopefully it will run alright in the future as well.

I hope this solution will help someone with the same problem.

Tomas