[Samba] samba4 internal dns Server ddns for the reverse lookup Zoneable

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 29 12:43:07 MDT 2014

On 29/08/14 19:33, Markus Roth wrote:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> ok, but the dhcpduser only works with your script when i get it via getent passwd. Otherwise i get the exit 256 message. With enumerate = true now i see the users via getent passwd. Your script
> is now also functional again. But:
>
> 1)
> is it correct that it shows the users without the domain? Or do i still have a mistake in my configs?

I just use the builtin winbind on the AD DC along with Bind9 & DHCP, if
I run getent passwd I get this:

EXAMPLE\dhcpduser:*:3000018:10000::/home/EXAMPLE/dhcpduser:/bin/false

But if I remember correctly from when I did run sssd on the DC, I got
Something like this:

dhcpduser:*:3000018:10000::/home/dhcpduser:/bin/bash

If you have the unix attributes in AD and set sssd to use them, the
users attributes will be used instead of the ones that the builtin ones,
this includes not showing the domain name.

I might add that I only use the DC for authentication.

Rowland