[Samba] samba4 internal dns Server ddns for the reverse lookup Zoneable

Markus Roth markusroth1983 at gmx.net
Thu Aug 28 13:21:07 MDT 2014

Hi Steve,

yes you're right. With the winbind howto from rowland i had the ad-users via getent passwd.

ldbedit output for example with the dhcpduser:

# editing 1 records
# record 1
dn: CN=dhcpduser,CN=Users,DC=winnet,DC=local
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: user
cn: dhcpduser
instanceType: 4
whenCreated: 20140824200551.0Z
uSNCreated: 3963
name: dhcpduser
objectGUID: 97cb6821-18b4-47cf-a6d9-5f73ffa1793e
badPwdCount: 0
codePage: 0
countryCode: 0
badPasswordTime: 0
lastLogoff: 0
lastLogon: 0
primaryGroupID: 513
objectSid: S-1-5-21-604854294-2647735964-1380626919-1107
logonCount: 0
sAMAccountName: dhcpduser
sAMAccountType: 805306368
userPrincipalName: dhcpduser at winnet.local
objectCategory: CN=Person,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=winnet,DC=local
pwdLastSet: 130533843510000000
memberOf: CN=DnsAdmins,CN=Users,DC=winnet,DC=local
userAccountControl: 66048
accountExpires: 0
whenChanged: 20140824200700.0Z
uSNChanged: 3967
distinguishedName: CN=dhcpduser,CN=Users,DC=winnet,DC=local

smb.conf:

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = WINNET
        realm = WINNET.LOCAL
        netbios name = SERVER1
        server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/winnet.local/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        read only = No