[Samba] Winbind + sernet Samba4 + CentOS 6.5 + AD

Stephen Garcia sgmorale at ringling.edu
Thu Aug 28 09:38:23 MDT 2014

The test users that i try to id have their attributes set, but 'Domain
Users' does not have gidNumber set. However there is another server in our
environment, also CentOS 6.5, but running the 4.1.10 version of sernet
samba4, that is working as I'd expect. I am being pushed to try the 4.1.10
rpm version on a fresh centos 6.5 install and see if we can make it work.
At this point, after trying for so long, I'm inclined to take that route,
if anything to change it up a little.

I'll definitely post my results or gripes as I get to that point

I'm doing the new install on a different set of disks in case I have to go
back to the current one we were working on. Are there any special issues
installing samba4 from an rpm instead of the sernet yum repo that I sould
take into consideration?

I really appreciate the help. Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen E. Garcia-Morales