[Samba] MacOSX 10.9.4 with Samba 4.1.11 and permissions weirdness

Dan Mons dmons at cuttingedge.com.au
Wed Aug 27 17:23:31 MDT 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

We've tried  "unix extensions = no", and it makes no changes to
permissions of folders being written.

What it does do, however, is break the Mac's ability to make real
POSIX symlinks (instead we get those annoying Minshall+French symlinks
that don't work on other Linux systems).  As such, we've had to keep
"unix extensions = yes" as that's integral to how our Macs need to
work with the rest of our Linux systems.

-Dan

Dan Mons
Unbreaker of broken things
Cutting Edge