[Samba] replication issues solved by adding GUID names to /etc/hosts

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 27 05:19:55 MDT 2014

On 27/08/14 12:05, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 27/08/14 11:47, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
>> and for me the DCs sernet samba 4.1.11
>>
>> i now that this : samba-tool drs showrepl =>>  Warning: No NC
>> replicated for Connection!
>> is not problem but the serverstat and the subRefs thats a new one for
>> me.
>>
>> i'll go have a look into this.

OK, based on Andrew saying that these attributes are not supposed to
replicate, I changed
'/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/ldapcmp.py' from line 397
to this:

         # Attributes that are considered always to be different e.g
based on timestamp etc.
         #
         # One domain - two domain controllers
         self.ignore_attributes =  [
                 # Default Naming Context
                 "lastLogon", "lastLogoff", "badPwdCount", "logonCount",
"badPasswordTime", "modifiedCount",
"operatingSystemVersion","oEMInformation","msDS-NcType","subRefs","serverState",
                 "ridNextRID", "rIDPreviousAllocationPool",
                 # Configuration Naming Context
                 "repsFrom", "dSCorePropagationData",
"msExchServer1HighestUSN",
                 "replUpToDateVector", "repsTo", "whenChanged",
"uSNChanged", "uSNCreated",

I now get this:

* Comparing [DOMAIN] context...

* Objects to be compared: 275