[Samba] Dos Btrieve Windows 98 and Samba 4.0

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Aug 27 05:15:52 MDT 2014

wow...  btrieve for dos.. long time no see...

What requester are you loading for the w98 machine?
and any error messages?

and did you try to play with the oplock settings.

By file:        veto oplock files = myfile.YOUREXTENTION
By Pattern:     veto oplock files = /*.YOUREXTENTION/
On the Share:   oplocks = No
                level2 oplocks = No

Or on the server:
(in [global])   oplocks = No
                level2 oplocks = No

and make sure you relative path is correct.
setting up a share for this application is prefferd so you can play more easy with these oplock settings.

Greetz,

Louis