[Samba] Domain users not resolving...

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Aug 25 08:33:23 MDT 2014

You have 2 dc's.  thats good.
Wel now its easy...

first check where the FSMO Roles are running and if needed move them all to DC1.
samba-tool fsmo show
see: (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Flexible_Single-Master_Operations_(FSMO)_roles)

remove the old server from the domain,
see: ( https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Demote_a_Samba_DC )

and i advice to use an other name and other IP, to avoid possible problems with the old name/ip of the old server.
and install the new server and join the domain and let it sync its DB.
etc etc.
start from here i suggest.
You know where to find us.  ;-)

Greetz,