[Samba] Domain users not resolving...

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sat Aug 23 00:13:29 MDT 2014

Am 23.08.2014 02:19, schrieb Ryan Ashley:
> =========
> smb.conf:
> =========
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>         workgroup = DOMAIN
>         realm = DOMAIN.LOCAL
>         netbios name = DC01
>         server role = active directory domain controller
>         server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc,
> drepl, winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
>         interfaces = 127.0.0.1, 192.168.0.1
>
> [netlogon]
>         path = /samba/var/locks/sysvol/kigm.local/scripts
>         read only = No
>
> [sysvol]
>         path = /samba/var/locks/sysvol
>         read only = No

1. We're having a DC and not a Member Server.

2. Without idmap configuration how should Samba know how to
   map the IDs?
   https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/RFC2307_backend

3. Currently it's better not to use winbind on a server.
   Andrew is currently doing an implementation of the s3
   winbind for Samba 4.2. The s4 winbind isn't working
   very well. So I suggest to wait for 4.2 if you want
   Winbind on your DC, or you use sssd

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Local_user_management_and_authentication/sssd
   or nslcd

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Local_user_management_and_authentication/nslcd