[Samba] samba4 internal dns Server ddns for the reverse lookup Zone

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 22 02:53:24 MDT 2014

On 22/08/14 09:38, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Hai Guys,
>
> Do i understand this good..
>
> If we use the scripts for DDNS updates.
> The DDNS update in windows must be turnt off ( for example by GPO )
> so you dont have that 1 denied message before the script runs.
> ( this is known to me )
>
> And if you use SSSD, this DDNS update from windows works ok?
> and then the script isnt needed? If so that would be nice..
> I dont use SSSD but im thinking of it for some servers..

As far as I can see, which ever way you go, you need to stop the windows
clients trying to update their dns records, unless you do not use either
sssd or a variation to the script I use AND do not have a reverse zone.
The problem is the reverse zone, windows (unless someone knows better)
does not update the reverse zone, so you need something else to do this.

Rowland