[Samba] [samba-newsletter] New Enterprise Samba 4.1.11 Packages Available for Download | was: Re: problems after lowering tombstone...

mourik jan heupink - merit heupink at merit.unu.edu
Wed Aug 20 06:36:01 MDT 2014

Just to follow up on this older thread:

The below had escaped my attention, so I'm reposting it... There has
been a lot of discussion lately on the subject of dns tombstone
lifetime, and DC=DOMAINDNSZONES,*.ldb growing insanely.

(I had noticed but did not understand that, in a test setup, the first
time starting sernet-samba-ad-4.1.11 took very long indeed. (yes: hours,
in  a i5 kvm machine)
Anyway: Apologies for reposting if you already knew about this...)

Regards, and I would like to say: Thank you all for your kind help over
the last period of time. This list has some incredibly knowledgeble and
helpful people! Some that come to mind: steve, achim, rowland, marc,
louis: thank you, I have learned a lot from just reading your posts.

Mourik Jan