[Samba] Keytabs (obviously) not valid after password change

Ryan Ashley ryana at reachtechfp.com
Sun Aug 17 16:18:42 MDT 2014

When Rowland had me join my server to the domain it created its own keytab. There was no exporting from the DC. I thought the keytab exported via samba-tool was for DNS, not Kerberos. Then again, I have never had to export it and may be wrong. Either way, each member server should create its own keytab when you join it to your domain, if the configuration specifies one.

/etc/krb5.keytab

It looked strange that this has been barely mentioned on the lists. Some
misconfiguration on my side maybe?

Steve, do you have "kerberos method" set on your member servers?

Best regards,

George