[Samba] An attempt was made to add an object to the directory with a name that is already in use when Adding users and groups

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 05:02:33 MDT 2014

Dear All,

I've a AD DC on
4.1.5 which have the error above and after upgrade to 4.1.11 also with the
same issue.

I was still adding users a few week before and it happen just recently...

Need your advise on this.
I'm quite sure that name is not use as it happen to any name I've type in.

Please advise what information should I provide.
As I believes this might be a ldb issue than configuration issue.

Thank for the help in advance.

Thank You.