[Samba] samba_backup script

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon Aug 18 13:32:46 MDT 2014

Am 18.08.2014 21:08, schrieb Rowland Penny:
> What is missing from the supplied script is a test to see if the samba
> daemon is running, which I think shouldn't be whilst you backup the
> directories.

This isn't necessary. The script used tdbbackup to hot-backup the ldb
files during runtime. This generates *.ldb.bak files. And a later find
command excludes the *.ldb files (which may be inconsistent because not
exported via tdbbackup first) when doing tar.

So you only have to rename the *.ldb.bak files when you restore:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Backup_and_Recovery#Restore

Regards,
Marc