[Samba] Shares requiring "Everyone" access...

Ryan Ashley ryana at reachtechfp.com
Mon Aug 18 11:11:17 MDT 2014

More work and rework. I double and triple-checked permissions on both
/var/spool/samba and /srv/samba/printer_drivers to verify they are
correct. They are. I went into print management and reinstalled the
driver to the server. I then went to the printer tab and selected the
driver for that printer. Still no dice. I can use print management to
see the ports, drivers, printers, and forms on the server just fine, but
it will NOT install and gives that dammed 0x00000002 error every time.
Event logs are useless because I do not know where the error is. Is it a
printer access error, driver share access error, or something I do not
know of?

If you need the exact setup, here is my physical setup.

192.168.3.1 -> Xerox WorkCentre 7545 PCL6
192.168.0.3 -> PS01
192.168.1.1 -> Remote Workstation (Win7 Pro 64bit)

The way I have deployed these printers before is with group policy
preferences. It has worked until now. I set the printer preference port
to th IP of the printer and then set the server to "\\ps01\xerox7545".
This worked for about two weeks and then stopped. I cannot make it work
now. It has been down for about three weeks and while everybody can
access the drivers, we are being denied access to the printer itself. I
will also note that using the official driver for Linux does not fix
this issue.