[Samba] Problem Delegating Control of Inbuilt Users

David Minard david at scem.uws.edu.au
Mon Aug 18 06:25:57 MDT 2014

G'day All,

	We're having a problem with the following:

		http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2010/03/30/access-denied-error-0x80070005-message-when-initializing-tpm-for-bitlocker.aspx

	We get this error: (See attached, but text below)

		"Select Users, Computers, or Groups

		X	Windows cannot process the object with the name "SELF" because of the following error:

			Name translation: Input name found, but not the associated output format."

	We're running Samba 4.1.9 on Centos 6.5, one DC (for testing).

	The error doesn't come up if we follow the procedure with a User or Group we create.

	Any ideas?

Cheers,
David Minard.
Ph:    0247 360 155
Fax:    0247 360 770

School of Computing, Engineering, and Mathematics
Building Y - Penrith Campus (Kingswood)
Locked bag 1797
Penrith South DC
NSW 1797

[Sometimes waking up just isn't worth the insult of the day to come.]

believed to be clean.