[Samba] Sysvol "incorrect parameter" on some new DC's
abartlet at samba.org
Fri Aug 15 15:26:16 MDT 2014
On Wed, 2014-08-13 at 07:26 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-08-12 at 15:20 -0400, Ryan Ashley wrote:
> > I would place a script to do the following on my secondary DC's and run
> > it with cron every fifteen minutes or so. Actually, I did this at one
> > location and it worked fine!
> > 1. Stop samba4 service
> > 2. Copy over idmap.ldb
> > 3. Copy over the sysvol
> > 4. Start the samba4 service
> > Now you have the same idmap and sysvol on the secondary DC's.
> Copying the idmap.ldb from the original DC seems to have worked [so
If the DC is running, then use tdbbackup to get the ldb file. Doing it
in a cron-job does have the risk the you will make an allocation on the
secondary DC, and then overwrite it. This may mean a file on-disk has
the wrong ID. Naturally, if you are just doing sysvol and doing a
'samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset' then this isn't really important, as that
will fix things back up again anyway.
We realise this isn't great, and this is part of the reason we have
worked hard to implement winbindd (the source3 one) in the AD DC for
4.2, so that for a later release cycle, we can do better or at least
more flexible id mapping.
Andrew Bartlett http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team http://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT http://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
More information about the samba