[Samba] Samba 4 AD share: Access denied

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 15 10:34:52 MDT 2014

On 15/08/14 17:19, Harry Jede wrote:
> On 18:03:42 wrote Rowland Penny:
>> On 15/08/14 16:07, Ryan Ashley wrote:
>>> I did add the "-t wheezy-backports" parameter. In fact when I load
>>> Linux desktops with Debian, I use the backports repo (Mozilla also)
>>> to  get the current version of Iceweasel. Here is the output that
>>> we are going through on the forum. I just typed this into the
>>> server so it is fresh.
>>>
>>> root at fs01:~# aptitude -t wheezy-backports install
>>> samba4-common-bin  samba4-clients
>> The problem there is that you are trying to install the wrong
>> packages LOL
>>
>> try:
>>
>> apt-get -t wheezy-backports install samba attr krb5-config krb5-user
>> dnsutils winbind libpam-winbind libpam-krb5 libnss-winbind
>> libsmbclient  smbclient
> The problem there is that you are trying to install the wrong packages
> LOL.
> Just a joke, or not?
>
> Heads up:
> If you install dnsutils from backports you can not use samba with bind-
> dlz. The bind package from backports is 1:9.9.5 and this package is NOT
> compiled with dlz. If bind-dlz is required one must use bind 1:9.8.4
> from Wheezy!
Oh dear, is this why my AD DC server with Bind9 and DHCP works ?

samba -V

Version 4.1.9-Debian

And from /var/log/syslog

Aug 15 10:19:36 dc01 named[2707]: starting BIND 9.9.5-4~bpo70+1-Debian
-u bind
~~~~~~~~~~
Aug 15 10:19:36 dc01 named[2707]: Loading 'AD DNS Zone' using driver dlopen

> And krb5-user is compiled against MIT-kerberos, samba is compiled
> against heimdal-kerberos. I use only heimdal packages! Nor i installed
> any MIT-libs.
>

> root at dc0:~# dpkg --get-selections|grep heimdal
> heimdal-clients					install
> libasn1-8-heimdal:amd64				install
> libgssapi3-heimdal:amd64			install
> libhcrypto4-heimdal:amd64			install
> libhdb9-heimdal:amd64				install
> libheimbase1-heimdal:amd64			install
> libheimntlm0-heimdal:amd64			install
> libhx509-5-heimdal:amd64			install
> libkadm5clnt7-heimdal:amd64			install
> libkadm5srv8-heimdal:amd64			install
> libkafs0-heimdal:amd64				install
> libkdc2-heimdal:amd64				install
> libkrb5-26-heimdal:amd64			install
> libotp0-heimdal:amd64				install
> libpam-heimdal:amd64				install
> libroken18-heimdal:amd64			install
> libsasl2-modules-gssapi-heimdal:amd64		install
> libsl0-heimdal:amd64				install
> libwind0-heimdal:amd64				install
>
> root at dc0:~# dpkg --get-selections|grep -i mit
> root at dc0:~#

I only have about half of the heimdal packages and two mit packages, but
everything seems to work.

Rowland