[Samba] Best distro to use samba AD DC

Harry Jede walk2sun at arcor.de
Fri Aug 15 09:37:12 MDT 2014

On 17:08:24 wrote Chan Min Wai:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm using gentoo as samba AD DC but was having issue with ldbedit or
> ldbsearch.
>
> And some small glitch.
>
> Can help to advise a better distro to use as an AD DC?
I use debian 7.6 installed with a netinst CD.
Wheezy-backports has samba 4.1.9. Currenty all DC functions I have
tested are working well.

But,
the installation I have done is different from the description in the
samba wiki. The installation procedure in the wiki describes installing
the sernet packages. I wish to use the debian packages.

The debian package do a samba 3 compatible installation. So you get a
NT4 style samba. That is fine for this distro, i.e. for all people who
just want upgrade from older versions.

In the next days I will write down my installation procedure.

--

Regards
	Harry Jede