[Samba] Samba 4 AD share: Access denied

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri Aug 15 08:43:00 MDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-08-15 at 10:19 -0400, Ryan Ashley wrote:
> I added those lines

How dare you criticise samba and the people who wrote the documentation.

You've wasted and insulted the intelligence of everyone here.

Get a new computer, NOT the one you are are working on. Now do it says
here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_AD_Member_Server
That means, do exactly what it says. NOT I'm-the-expert-and-know-all-
about-samba-me-so-I'll-add-my-own-shares-and-acl-inherit-nonsense-and-ignore-what-it-says-in-the-wiki-because-samba-is-crap-and-samba-is-broken-and-the-documentation-is-all-wrong. Look at the simple 10-minutes- to-set-up configuration it gives. Then compare it with your mess.

Use this version of samba:
https://ftp.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/samba-4.1.7.tar.gz

Now, just go and do it. And do not even think about coming back here if
you have done something it doesn't say to do.