[Samba] Samba 4 AD share: Access denied

Ryan Ashley ryana at reachtechfp.com
Thu Aug 14 15:00:10 MDT 2014

I have not tried running winbind in debug mode. I will try that this evening. I still intend to try PAM however. If I don't I cannot tell somebody it doesn't work. Won't hurt anyway.

Rowland, thank you. I already found that. I did some searching after my reply. I intend to use it once PAM is configured for winbind.

There's no need to configure PAM to get a working setup

Do you have the rfc2307 stuff in your fileserver smb.conf and do all
your groups have an assigned Unix GID? Did you try running winbindd in
"debug" mode?

Regards