[Samba] Windows 7 Logon Scripts To Not Run [Was: Four DCs, No Replication]

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Aug 13 06:53:15 MDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-08-13 at 07:30 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-08-12 at 16:02 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> Now the only issue I have is that user logon scripts do not run.
> \\DC\netlogon is accessible.... logon scripts do appear to run for XP,
> but not for windows 7.  The logon script is set in the user's AD object.
> If I navigate to \\DC\netlogon and run the script manually it works;  it
> simply does not run when the user logs on.

I found posts indicating that "acl allow execute always" would help -
adding that had no effect;  I was doubtful as the script runs `manually`
just fine.

The windows event log does not seem to record anything concerning the
user logon script.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383