[Samba] Need 32-bit libnss_winbind

Brian Martin samba-ml1 at martinconsulting.com
Thu Aug 7 13:54:50 MDT 2014

On 08/07/2014 05:08 AM, Gregory Cushing wrote:
> I am pretty sure you can define only which module is used in pam.

Thanks, Gregory.  This isn't a PAM issue as far as I know.  I believe
the software is trying to call libnss_winbind as it tries to translate a
UID into a user name.  Since it's 32-bit, it's looking for
/lib/libnss_winbind.so.2, whereas a 64-bit application would look for
/lib64/libnss_winbind.so.2.  Since /lib/libnss_winbind.so.2 doesn't
exist, the application is failing.  I'm reading between the lines here
since all I can see are the strace calls and end result, but that
appears to be where the application trace diverges from a one running
successfully with a 32-bit version of Samba.

I don't understand why I'm not finding evidence of other people having
this problem.  Perhaps I've misdiagnosed the problem, or I'm missing
some obvious set-up step.

                -Brian