[Samba] Samba 4 AD share: Access denied

Davor Vusir davortvusir at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 00:54:49 MDT 2014

> Alright, I am calling it quits for the day unless somebody knows what I have
> screwed up here. If I do "getent passwd" it shows all local and domain
> users, and the domain users have the wrong ID's. If I do "getent passwd
> <domain user>" I get absolutely nothing. Obviously I have done something
> wrong here, but I have no clue what. This behavior started after modifying
> the configuration file though. The modifications Rowland showed me in his.
> That tells me that maybe it is trying to do something right and cannot. I
> have one last idea of my own, then I will be installing the backports
> version Monday on a clean VM.

Hey Ryan!

I noticed when I ran 'testparm -v /etc/samba/smb.conf | more' that
samba is using the directories (lock directory =
/usr/local/samba/var/lock) from the old selfcompiled  installation.
Now I'm using the Sernet package.

When i run ''testparm -v | more' it reads
/usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf instead of /etc/samba/smb.conf and shows
only one out of two share definitions.

The file /etc/samba/smb.conf is copied from an old AD DC serverconfig
and later edited. The hidden entries like "lock directory =" above are
present.

Are you perhaps experienceing the same?

Regards
Davor