[Samba] Howto create roaming profiles using samba4 commands only?

Oliver Rath rath at mglug.de
Fri Aug 8 08:10:26 MDT 2014

Hi Steve!

On 08.08.2014 14:49, steve wrote:
> [..]
> It's the one where only you can delete the files. samba drops the user's
> profile folder as 0700 with all sorts of domain group acls, so make sure
> that someone with those privileges is mapped to root. The domain
> administrator is a good choice;)

Setting profiles to 1777 didnt help. I have the user "Administrator"
(password set at AD-DC-creation) and my testusers. If i now create a new
user, log in, log out, nothing happens in my profile-dir. I dont see any
user named "Domain administrator" here. Is this a problem? Where do i
have to look at with ldbedit?

Is there a possibility to debug this?

Here some more info:

root at sambaaid:/var/lib/samba# getfacl profiles
# file: profiles
# owner: root
# group: root
# flags: --t
user::rwx
group::rwx
other::rwx

root at sambaaid:/var/lib/samba# samba-tool user list
Administrator
krbtgt
Guest
cn01