[Samba] question about --use-rfc2307

Eduardo Sotomayor easgs at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 6 18:45:32 MDT 2014

I have promoted a samba active directory server using the --use-rfc2307 option, my question is, after doing that is it necessary to follow these instructions?

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Using_RFC2307_on_a_Samba_DC#Extending_the_Schema_for_NIS_Extensions

I ask because I am getting the following

server01:/home/eduardo
# samba-tool fsmo show | grep SchemaMasterRole

SchemaMasterRole
owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=SERVER01,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=sienic,DC=site

server01:/home/eduardo
# systemctl stop samba.serviceserver01:/home/eduardo # cp
/usr/local/samba/share/setup/ypServ30.ldif /tmp/

server01:/home/eduardo
# sed -i -e 's/${DOMAINDN}/DC=sienic,DC=site/g'          -e 's/${NETBIOSNAME}/server01/g'          -e 's/${NISDOMAIN}/sienic/g'          /tmp/ypServ30.ldif

server01:/home/eduardo
# ldbmodify -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb /tmp/ypServ30.ldif
--option="dsdb:schema update allowed"=true

ERR: (Entry
already exists) "Entry
CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System,DC=sienic,DC=site already exists" on
DN CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System,DC=sienic,DC=site at block before line
5

Modify
failed after processing 0 records

and if I do the following

server01:/home/eduardo
# ldbsearch --url=/usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
"CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=sienic,DC=site" >
/home/eduardo/schema.ldif

and then check the schema.ldif file I can find the

CN=PosixAccount,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration

when yo say
"This automatically enables RFC2307 and installs the NIS Extensions"

this also means that
"extending the schema for NIS Extensions"
are the same thing or they give the same result?
I am a little confuse here, thanks