[Samba] Multiple Standalone Servers With Single LDAP Server

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Aug 6 16:05:58 MDT 2014

On 08/06/2014 07:13 PM, Allen Chen wrote:
> On 8/6/2014 5:54 AM, Rowland Penny wrote:

> Hi Gordan,
>
> I don't know why you get that error message. I have 5 standalone Samba 3
> file servers using one ldap server. It works perfect.

Are you saying you are running multiple servers with the same SID?

> All of them are configured with "security = user" and ldap parameters.
> Can you post your smb.conf on all of your samba servers?

The configuration I am trying to use is this:

security = user
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://ldap.mydomain.tld
ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=mydomain,dc=tld
ldap suffix = dc=mydomain,dc=tld
ldap user suffix = ou=People
ldap group suffix = ou=Group

This seems to work fine for the first server, but not for the second one.

Gordan