[Samba] Samba 4 AD share: Access denied

Ryan Ashley ryana at reachtechfp.com
Wed Aug 6 13:09:58 MDT 2014

Alright, here are the results. I gave the domain admin UID 10001, and it
shows up. I gave the domain users group a GID, and it shows also.

root at dc01:~# ldbsearch --url=/var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb
sAMAccountName=reachfp
# record 1
dn: CN=reachfp,CN=Users,DC=truevine,DC=lan
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: user
instanceType: 4
whenCreated: 20140619182759.0Z
uSNCreated: 3545
objectGUID: 95f14a06-9370-40ef-8587-546afd171bb6
userAccountControl: 512
badPwdCount: 0
codePage: 0
countryCode: 0
badPasswordTime: 0
lastLogoff: 0
lastLogon: 0
pwdLastSet: 130476760790000000
primaryGroupID: 513
objectSid: S-1-5-21-1282933182-1339137838-203774845-500
adminCount: 1
accountExpires: 9223372036854775807
logonCount: 0
sAMAccountType: 805306368
objectCategory: CN=Person,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=truevine,DC=lan
isCriticalSystemObject: TRUE
memberOf: CN=Administrators,CN=Builtin,DC=truevine,DC=lan
memberOf: CN=Group Policy Creator Owners,CN=Users,DC=truevine,DC=lan
memberOf: CN=Enterprise Admins,CN=Users,DC=truevine,DC=lan
memberOf: CN=Schema Admins,CN=Users,DC=truevine,DC=lan
memberOf: CN=Domain Admins,CN=Users,DC=truevine,DC=lan
userPrincipalName: reachfp at truevine.lan
givenName: Reach
sAMAccountName: reachfp
cn: reachfp
name: reachfp
sn: Technology FP
displayName: Reach Technology FP
uid: 10001
whenChanged: 20140806175855.0Z
uSNChanged: 114720
distinguishedName: CN=reachfp,CN=Users,DC=truevine,DC=lan

# Referral
ref: ldap://truevine.lan/CN=Configuration,DC=truevine,DC=lan

# Referral
ref: ldap://truevine.lan/DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=truevine,DC=lan

# Referral
ref: ldap://truevine.lan/DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=truevine,DC=lan

# returned 4 records
# 1 entries
# 3 referrals
root at dc01:~# ldbsearch --url=/var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb cn=Domain\ Users
# record 1
dn: CN=Domain Users,CN=Users,DC=truevine,DC=lan
objectClass: top
objectClass: group
cn: Domain Users
instanceType: 4
whenCreated: 20140619182759.0Z
uSNCreated: 3541
name: Domain Users
objectGUID: 84560291-87be-4664-8a4d-08f44a84accf
objectSid: S-1-5-21-1282933182-1339137838-203774845-513
sAMAccountName: Domain Users
sAMAccountType: 268435456
groupType: -2147483646
objectCategory: CN=Group,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=truevine,DC=lan
isCriticalSystemObject: TRUE
memberOf: CN=Users,CN=Builtin,DC=truevine,DC=lan
gidNumber: 10003
whenChanged: 20140806180212.0Z
uSNChanged: 114735
distinguishedName: CN=Domain Users,CN=Users,DC=truevine,DC=lan

# Referral
ref: ldap://truevine.lan/CN=Configuration,DC=truevine,DC=lan

# Referral
ref: ldap://truevine.lan/DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=truevine,DC=lan

# Referral
ref: ldap://truevine.lan/DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=truevine,DC=lan

# returned 4 records
# 1 entries
# 3 referrals

Once I have the groups working, I'll be handing out a unique UID to each
user account, starting with the built-in ones.