[Samba] Samba 4 AD share: Access denied

Ryan Ashley ryana at reachtechfp.com
Wed Aug 6 12:20:58 MDT 2014

Alright, I already gave every group a gIDNumber using the "advanced
features" option via the "Attribute Editor". Each group has a unique ID.
There are 16 built-in groups (domain admins, domain users, etc) and five
I have. My last group ended with 10021. The first group was 10001. I
then stopped S4 on my print-server, deleted "group_mapping.tdb",
"winbind_cache.tdb", and "winbind_idmap.tdb", rebooted the server, and
(S4 starts automatically) changed group ownership of a directory to
"domain admins". When listing the directory with "ls -lAn", it showed
70012, not 10001. So they all have gIDNumber set now, but it isn't
pulling through. What could cause that?