[Samba] microsoft dns manager, grey items

mourik jan heupink - merit heupink at merit.unu.edu
Wed Aug 6 08:18:00 MDT 2014

Hi all,

I have the feeling our dns is still not quite healthy, but just out of
curiosity: are we able to use the microsoft DNS manager to edit the
samba4 AD dns? (we're on sernet 4.1.9/4.1.7, internal samba dns)

Is that supposed to work? Some items are grey instead of yellow, and
empty. Just wondering if I should be using the microsoft DNS Manager at
all...?

(because I here mostly use lines like "samba-tool dns add dc3
samba.company.com _kerberos._tcp.default-first-site-.....")

Regards,
MJ