[Samba] Samba 4 AD share: Access denied

Stuart Naylor stuartiannaylor at thursbygarden.org
Tue Aug 5 12:17:42 MDT 2014

I use the sernet binaries as they are very rapid in there releases.

http://www.enterprisesamba.com/samba/

Great to have so many distro's supported.

Backports or Archlinux is usually a day after a fresh release.

Documentation wise things are not good guys.

I have been on the samba4 trail for some time now and yeah I know where I am at now.
There is a load of confusing almost opposing documentation sometimes its hard to differentiate between versions.

The result is great when you get things going and the coding effort is just amazing.

Doc wise guys and know offence things suck.

Also it must be such a chore to keep repeating things on a mail list.
So much great knowledge just slips through time.

A forum would add much but you guys have your hands full, but sometimes the extra workload means future workload is less.

Anyway thanks for a super product even if the documentation at times is a little barren or confusing.

Stuart