[Samba] Fwd: Outlook prompting for password after domain(samba 4.1.9) login password change

Yan Jen Chen frank670221 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 01:58:30 MDT 2014

Hi.

Very pleased to receive your reply.

Before using the Samba 4.1.9 as DC, our active directory domain was on the
windows 2003 .

Users didn't have this issue when they changed their win2003 domain login
password .

Following is the command that we used to create our samba4 AD with
the option "--function-level=2008_R2" :

samba-tool domain provision --realm=TKT.COM --domain=TKT \
        --adminpass 'super_99' --server-role=dc \
        --use-rfc2307 \
        --function-level=2008_R2 --use-xattrs=yes

I doubt that the win2003 and win2008 have different behavior after changing
the domain login password.

Many thanks.

Frank