[Samba] Samba 3.5 loses local master browser election to Win7 32bits

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Apr 30 13:33:13 MDT 2014

and after reading this.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc224573.aspx

try this one :
announce version = 6.5 		( announce higher then windows 7/8 pc )

if that does not work try also to set on the master (pdc) server.

lm announce = yes
lm interval = 50  		( lower then 1 min, see ms page. )
local master = yes
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
remote announce = yoursubnet/DOMAIN
os level = 255
announce as = yourhhostname

restart the other samba servers after this change so your sure this wil be master.

Louis