[Samba] Migrating AD server

Listas de Correo toshiro.listas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 12:21:26 MDT 2014

Hi,

I have two servers with Samba 4 and Active Directory,, both servers
are configured as Domain Controllers for the same domain; I also have
configured sysvol replication via rsync.

Everything is working great, but I need now to change the first server
I've installed (the primary domain controller) with another physical
server. My idea to do this is:

1. Install samba 4 in the new server
2. Join the new server to the domain
3. Change the fsmo roles that are running in the old server to the new server
4. Modify sysvol replication scripts
5. Remove the old server from the domain

My question is: are these steps correct or am I missing anything?

Also, how do I do step 5) ?

Thanks in advanca for any help!