[Samba] Samba 4 Domain Member fileserver permission denied error

Lorenzo Faleschini lorenzo.faleschini at nordestsystems.com
Tue Apr 29 08:32:23 MDT 2014

I had same issue.

the ugly chmod 777 fixed the issue, but that was not a fix, was a crap,
so ended out in

assigning GID to group "Domain Users"
assigning UID to all users in my domain

then on the member server
(wich idmap was set as the same used on the samba4 DC 30000000-40000000
to have consistent mappings throughout the domain servers)
I set the shares mountpoint with the following ownerships and permissions

chown -R "DOMAIN\Administrator":"DOMAIN\Domain Users" /path/to/shares
chmod -R 660 /path/to/shares

let me know if works for you

Lorenzo Faleschini
IT Manager @ Nord Est Systems srl
m: +39 335 6055225 | skype: falegalizeit