[Samba] Samba Join as DC failed

Daniel von Obernitz daniel.vonobernitz at uni-greifswald.de
Mon Apr 28 07:34:17 MDT 2014

Hi Andrew,

since I got rid of the dns-problem (had a configuration error) I now got
some more info about the join problem caused by the "isRecycled"-Flag:

I set up a complete new domain (Win Server 2008 R2), added just one more
user and then joined the samba-server (Sernet-Package and from the
sources) without problems. Replication also worked, tested with adding a
second user.

Then I activated the AD-internal recycle bin and tried the join again.
The sernet package failed, the sources including your patch worked, also
with replication.

The failing object is the samba-server itself, either samba doesn't
understand this flag correctly or windows can't set it right on the
object when joining.

Hope this helps a bit.

Best regards
Daniel