[Samba] Samba 4.1.7 CTDB winbind not syncing when connected to MS AD 2008R2 - WAS: Re: Samba 4.1.7 clustering not using private dir

Ali Bendriss ali.bendriss at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 09:35:08 MDT 2014

On 04/28/2014 01:23 PM, Taylor, Jonn wrote:
> Update on my problem. I resetup my 2 node cluster per the samba wiki for
> 4.x and CTDB. The only difference is that I am using DRBD and GFS2. CTDB
> is not syncing the winbind databases between nodes. I had to join each
> node before winbind would authenticate my users to AD. This morning I
> found that one of the 2 nodes stopped authenticating users again. It
> looks like CTDB is not syncing the samba/winbind databases to keep the
> nodes in sync.
>
> How can I prove this out?
>
> Jonn

Hello,

If I remember correctly, you can increase the ctdb log level in the ctdb
config file (ctdb.conf). So you may find more info on what is going on.

The last time I used ctdb :
- it was not necessary to have a shared private dir, ctdb maintain a
database on each node
- you just need to join the whole cluster and not each node individually
- it is possible to let ctdb manage winbind for you (really usefull)

I was using gfs2 on a shared FC disk array. The ping pong test was not
that fast but the final setup was fast enough for our need.
I remember that during the setup I've started by running a simple http
server on each node until the FS and network configuration was OK
(switching on/off each node after the other). I then started to setup
samba on it.

hope this help

--
Ali