[Samba] Change permissions as administrator

Andrés Domínguez andresdju at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 04:37:43 MDT 2014

> On Mon, 2014-04-28 at 10:37 +0200, Andrés Domínguez wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I have being trying to resolve this problem for another week without
> > success.
> > Is the 'SeDiskOperatorPrivilege' what allows a user/group to change
> > permissions? What does the privilage otherwise?
> >
> > This is a production server, so it is an annoying issue. I don't like
> > changing
> > the file owner to be able to change permissions by 'Administrator'.
> >
> > Any help is highly appreciated.
>
> Hi
> Is Administrator recognised by getent or id?

Yes, both 'wbinfo -u' and 'getent passwd' resolve administrator.

Why not make Administrator an admin user?
> admin user = DOMAIN\Administrator

It seems that this works. I thought that  'SeDiskOperatorPrivilege' was
enough to change permissions. What 'SeDiskOperatorPrivilege' means
then?

Or simply use setfacl to give Administrator rw on the share(s)

Administrator had rwx and was owner of the share's root directory.

Although I don't fully understand what's going on it's now working. Thank
you very much.

Andrés