[Samba] BUILTIN not mapping on DC

Ryan Bair ryandbair at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 13:58:25 MDT 2014

Running 4.1.6-SerNet-RedHat-7.el6 on CentOS 6.5.

I've been bumping my head against GPO issues and am now wondering if its
connected to my BUILTIN groups not mapping on my DC.

For instance on DC:
sh-4.1# wbinfo --gid-info=544
failed to call wbcGetgrgid: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND
Could not get info for gid 544

But on a member:
sh-4.1# wbinfo --gid-info=544
BUILTIN\administrators:x:544:

Likewise `getent group BUILTIN\\administrators` fails on the DC.

Any ideas?

Here is my smb.conf:

[global]
        workgroup = xxx
        realm = xxx
        netbios name = SERVER
        wins support = yes
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
        winbind nss info = rfc2307
        template shell = /bin/sh
        dns forwarder = x.x.x.x
        server services = -smb +s3fs
        dcerpc endpoint servers = -winreg -srvsvc
        vfs objects = netatalk
        unix extensions = no
        tls enabled = yes
        tls keyfile = tls/server_AD_DC.key
        tls certfile = tls/server_AD_DC.crt
        tls cafile = tls/xxx_CA.crt

[netlogon]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/xxx/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
        read only = No