[Samba] scripts to set UIDs and GIDs

Lorenzo Faleschini lorenzo.faleschini at nordestsystems.com
Wed Apr 23 15:16:11 MDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I've succesfully managed to create a Centos 6 - Sernet Samba 4.1 DC and
a member server for hosting the shares.

To have the member working right (serving folders with right permissions
without chmod777 the relative fs path) I have to set all the UID GID (at
least primary group) for my users unless they'll be asked for user/pass
when trying to access and they get locked out.
Doing this manually from ADUC is quite a PITA.

I want to use the same UID GID that I found on the DC (300xxxx) and not
the ADUC proposed one (10xxx) and the only thing I found googling that
seems ok is this:
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.it/2012/02/samba-4-posix-domain-user.html

are these scripts still valid to use on 4.1.7? anyone has used them or
have any suggestion for my task?

thanks

--

Lorenzo Faleschini