[Samba] Samba-tool OU create

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 23 11:38:22 MDT 2014

On 23/04/14 17:57, Stuart Naylor wrote:
> Brilliant, Rowland,
>
> OU's as the name, I do use to organise various profiles. To be honest OU's are rather handy as a higher level abstract of security groups.
>
> My aim is heterogeneous networks and apart from M$ registry hacks such as group policies I am still thinking the OU is a working demographic for want of a better word.
>
> Last night my neighbours threw water and me and shouted at me to stop barking! So it will be of no shock that I intend to try and use RFC2307 with AD and mixed desktop
> environments.

Stuart, I know that you are probably a bit excited that your football
team is going up (again) but I cannot recommend barking at anybody ;-)

> My rough botch is to have linux /home scripts run at logon that are distributed by OU currently they will be very much out numbered by M$.
> They can run automatic as sudo or root as part of the startup applications and the registry is very much an M$ idea, the OU however is pretty useful which ever.

The OU definitely has a place in AD and yes, samba-tool should be able
to create them directly rather than just as part of creating a new user
or group, but that is beyond me, so anybody else up for it ??

Rowland