[Samba] Samba 4.1.6 and 4.1.7 Kerberos problem on Debian Linux

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Apr 23 00:55:25 MDT 2014

Hai

Debian works fine with samba4.
if you want an easy setup look here.
https://secure.bazuin.nl/scripts/

for you problem check the following.

For a DC config,

Can you check whats in the /etc/nsswitch.conf
should be something like :

passwd:         compat
group:          compat
shadow:         compat
hosts:          files dns

make sure /etc/hosts looks like this.
127.0.0.1      localhost
192.168.1.1    server.domain.tld server
::1     	   ip6-localhost ip6-loopback

and the /etc/resolv.conf

search domain.tld
domain domain.tld
nameserver IP_AD_DC1
nameserver IP_AD_DC2

/etc/krb5.conf
[libdefaults]
 dns_lookup_realm = false
 dns_lookup_kdc = true
 default_realm = DOMAIN.TLD

and do the checks here
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO#Testing_DNS

are you running samba DNS of BIND DNS ?

and any of these installed.
( dpkg --get-selections grep avahi )
avahi-autoipd
avahi-daemon
avahi-discover
avahi-dnsconfd

if so, remove them, check the configs above and reboot your server.
and try again.

Best regards,

Louis