[Samba] Samba-tool OU create

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 22 14:15:59 MDT 2014

On 22/04/14 21:08, Stuart Naylor wrote:
> I don't really think that is an argument. The whole reason we had a European monopoly commission was to provide alternative to Microsoft.
>
> Thats why I am wondering when samba-tool has all the other methods I am confused as to why OU's got left out of the process.
>
> I plan on using Samba as a migration path to Linux desktops where I have an eye on the future where the device will be more prevalent.
>
> So at the moment yeah I could use RSAT but that might not always be convenient.
>
> Stuart

Hi Stuart, The thing is, you do not create OU's very often and it is
usually when creating new users or groups and in this case, samba-tool
will create the OU whilst creating the new user or group (if the OU does
not already exist), if you need to create a OU for something else, then
create an LDIF, just like LDAP and then add it with ldbmodify.

Rowland