[Samba] 4.1.7 Server Side Copies & Disk Permissions

Stuart Naylor stuartiannaylor at thursbygarden.org
Tue Apr 22 02:41:16 MDT 2014

As soon as I add the declaration for server side copies I hit problems with disk permissions.

Same as in 4.1.6 and always the same so I will not bother to add a log.

If you follow http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_home_share

But have vfs objects = btrfs declared all is different.

You can add users and groups but the default Everyone,  CREATOR GROUP and a Unknown you just can't delete them.

As soon as you press apply then they are back again.

Has anyone tried the above with BTRFS &  vfs objects = btrfs?

Stuart