[Samba] Unable to remove orphan DC entries

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Sat Apr 19 01:47:46 MDT 2014

Am 09/04/14 17:05, schrieb Andy Durant:
> Yep I've checked there as well.
>
> Removed all traces from ADUC, DNS, adsiedit, sites and services, checked
> in domains and trusts.
>
> ntdsutil only gets me so far before syntax fails.
>

> On 4/9/2014 10:49 AM, lp101 wrote:
>> Did you verify using Sites and Services that all traces of this DC are
>> removed? I've had issues like this in the past where I forgot to
>> remove the NTDS settings. Even though I thought I did using ADSI. As
>> well as verifying in Users and Computers that this DC has been removed?
>>
>> On 4/9/2014 9:51 AM, Andy Durant wrote:
>>> Anyone have any ideas?
>>> Andy

Hello Andy,

did you have success in removing the orphaned entries in the meantime ?
As you know I have the same issue on one of my DCs. I have tried to
simply demote the affected DC but it turned out, that the error moved on
to one of the other DC which now showed orphaned entries of the just
demoted DC. It seems, that either I have a really messed up AD or there
is a really awfull bug in the demotion part of samba.

thanks

best regards

Andreas