[Samba] File Locking on Samba & Terminal Server 2008R2

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Fri Apr 18 15:25:36 MDT 2014

> smbd uses the dev_t/ino_t pair as an index
> into our file sharing/locking databases.
>
> Are /storage/doc_checkout/usera/document1.doc
> and /storage/doc_checkout/userb/document1.doc
> actually the same file on the file system ?
>
> If not then I'm at a loss as to how they
> can conflict at all, unless you're getting
> a locking/sharing violation from the Windows
> client redirector.
>
> Do you ever see an error message coming back
> from Samba in the wireshark trace ?

Okay, I've got my log files and my wireshark pcap file - I don't see any obvious error messages in the pcap file.  There are a couple related to unsupported filesystem functions, but, again, nothing obvious.  This is Samba 3.6.22 on Solaris 11.1 - the Samba version with Solaris.  Any more hints in tracking this down would be appreciated - it's really puzzling and causing some problems with my aforementioned use case.

Thanks,
Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Confidential and Proprietary Information.  If this message is not intended for you, you are strictly prohibited from using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please delete the message from your mailbox.  This e-mail may contain export-controlled material and should be handled accordingly.