[Samba] ID mapping

Williams, Jeff jeff at dacc.edu
Thu Apr 17 07:50:19 MDT 2014

Thanks for the response.  Yes, several times I have stopped Samba, cleared
the TDB files, then restarted it.  It's OK for a while, but at some point,
something triggers a problem, and winbind starts to mis-map SIDs to UID
numbers.  Doing a "net cache flush" fixed it, temporarily.

So how would you configure smb.conf to NOT use ID mapping for the local
domain, but use it for the trusted domain?  Would it simply involve
removing (or commenting out) these lines?

idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 1000-89000

But leaving these?

idmap config DACCEMP : backend = rid
idmap config DACCEMP : range = 90000-99000

--

Jeff Williams
Computer and Network Services