[Samba] ID mapping

Williams, Jeff jeff at dacc.edu
Wed Apr 16 13:11:15 MDT 2014

We are using winbind because of a trust with a second domain, which is also
served by an RHEL/Samba/LDAP server.  This allows users from that other
domain to log into workstations that are members of this domain.  If I can
configure the student server NOT to use winbind for users of the students
domain, that would be fine.  But I still need to support the other domain,
and I had understood that this would require winbind to map the users.
Suggestions on how to accomplish this?  The same smb.conf worked fine on
the previous (physical) server.

--

Jeff Williams